Thuja Green Giant Hybrid
Quality Thujas Since 1999
Most Reasonable Priced
Green Giants Online
Best Selling Tree Ever - Thuja Green Giant
'Thuja Green Giant will never disappoint '
On SALE today at very reasonable prices!
Thuja Green Giant privacy trees are easy to grow, beautiful, disease resistant, close to maintenance - free trees you will ever find to create nice, thick privacy.
Thuja Green Giant will grow 30 Ft. x 9 Ft. in 20 years.
Thuja Green Giant Arborvitae trees will grow to be 25 to 35 feet tall at maturity, with a spread of 8 to 9 feet. It grows at a fast rate, and under ideal conditions can be expected to live for 70 years or more. They are graceful fast growing trees that provide complete privacy, and requires no coddling! No tree is ever completely maintenance free, but Thuja Green Giant arborvitaes are very close. These trees are becoming more and more popular among landscapers, growers, and homeowners a like.This hardy, fast growing evergreen tree makes the perfect privacy screen! It's is a very easy plant to grow, tolerating almost any soil type and resistant to damage from ice and snow, as well as deer and most other pests.
When you are considering how to grow Thuja Trees, remember that these are easy-care plants. You can shear them if you like, but pruning is not necessary. Irrigate them during dry weather even after establishment to ensure that your plants stay healthy.
What makes us different?
The biggest thing that sets us apart from most other nurseries is the fact that we grow what we sell. In the beginning we drove all over the country looking for Thujas to resale. This would not have been so bad other than you never new the kind of quality you would find. Now we grow the Thujas we sale, this makes the quality of our trees much more consistent. Over time we have learned a good way of packing the trees to where they make it to our customers in great shape.
Plant 5 to 6 Ft. apart. Stay back 4 Ft. off property lines. Will grow 6 to 8 Ft. wide x 30 to 35 Ft. tall.
Do Not plant your Thujas closer than 5 Ft. apart thinking of quicker coverage ! If you plant to close together it will cause die-back as trees grow larger, not enough air circulation.
Foliage color, yellowing of foliage can be signs of fertilizer needed.
If growth rate and needle color are normal for a particular variety, fertilization is not necessary.
It is not unusual for newly transplanted evergreens to exhibit slow growth until they're re-established.
In many landscapes, evergreens also benefit from fertilizer you apply to the lawn.
The best time to fertilize your Thuja trees is before new growth expands, around early April mid-May
(1) Dig your holes half again the width of the container they were grown in and the same depth of the container.
(2) After digging your holes, set your tree in the middle of hole.
(3) Make sure top of root ball is even with ground level, if not adjust by digging deeper or adding soil in bottom of hole and packing it good.
(4) Back fill one half way up on root ball, pack the fill good around the root ball.
(5) Finish filling hole to the top of root ball & tap down real good. If you do not pack it well, it may not hold the tree up straight after it is watered.
(6) DO NOT put soil on top of the root ball, this will cut off the oxygen to the roots.
(7) Now comes the most important part of planting! You need to mulch right away a good 3 to 4 inches deep. You don't want to let the rain wash dirt over top of the root ball and close off oxygen. Create a basin around each tree with the mulch, this guides the water to the root ball.
(8) Your trees being planted correctly is the most important part of all, its growth and survival depends on it! Be sure and keep weeds and grass from around trees, if you do not do this your trees will have a hard time getting enough water to be healthy.
LOTS OF TREES DIE DURING THE WINTER FROM LACK OF WATER!
Check out large selection! We promise our trees will transform your yard. Enjoy fast and outstanding customer service—order our thuja trees online today!
Thuja Green Giant is one of the most beautiful, fast growing privacy trees ever. We have many customers call searching for a good privacy tree that looks like it, grows as fast as it does, but doesn't get as big as it does. Waste no more time looking, there isn't one.
There is smaller thuja trees available at a very few nurseries. They grow so slow (1 to 2 ft. yearly) and don't have near the root system of Thuja Green Giant. Customers that end up with some of these varieties are disgusted while waiting 10 years for privacy.
I have trees at my home we planted in 2004. Today they are only 9 feet wide x 30 feet tall. They are planted 5 feet apart and have never been trimmed. I do believe the distance between the trees when planted has a lot to do with how tall they get. Also, if you trim on them they will get wider.
Rest assured that when you order from Thuja Gardens, you are getting the highest Quality Thuja Green Giants available anywhere at any price. We do not buy from other nurseries, We grow the trees we sale. We are old school, We still answer our phone and do our best to answer your questions.