Make sure your new tree gets off to a good start with these tree planting tips.
Quality Thujas Since 1999
(1) Dig your holes half again the width of the container they were grown in and the same depth of the container.
(2) After digging your holes, set your tree in the middle of hole.
(3) Make sure top of root ball is even with ground level, if not adjust by digging deeper or adding soil in bottom of hole and packing it good.
(4) Back fill one half way up on root ball, pack the fill good around the root ball.
(5) Finish filling hole to the top of root ball & tap down real good. If you don't pack it well, it may not hold the tree up straight after it is watered.
(6) DO NOT put soil on top of the root ball, this will cut off the oxygen to the roots.
(7) Now comes the most important part of planting! You need to mulch right away a good 3 to 4 inches deep. You don't want to let the rain wash dirt over top of the root ball and close off oxygen. Create a basin around each tree with the mulch, this guides the water to the root ball.
(8) Your trees being planted correctly is the most important part of all, its growth and survival depends on it! Be sure and keep weeds and grass from around trees, if you do not do this your trees will have a hard time getting enough water to be healthy.
MOST TREES THAT DIE ARE DURING THE WINTER FROM LACK OF WATER!
When Should I Plant My Thuja Trees?
Find Your Planting Zone
Planting Zones Info.
Make sure you are located in the right zone for the tree of your choice.
Trees that require full sun need a minimum of six hours of sun a day to thrive. Look around your yard and take note of how much shade it gets from structures and other trees. Also consider your region’s hardiness zone, which is the standard that determines which plants are likely to thrive at a given location. You can determine your region’s hardiness zone by clicking the red button.Find Your Zone
4.7 230 reviews
What Our Customers Are Saying
FREE Shipping via FedEx
Don't Miss Out On Our Thuja Clearance SALE
6 to 7 Ft. Thujas
Fall Clearance 2022
Large Thuja Green Giant
This year FedEx has made possable for us to ship certain size boxes at a reduced rate. This allows us to lower our prices on these packs. We pass the savings on to you, our customers.SHOP NOW