How to Grow and Care for a Thuja Green Giant Tree
America's Choice Privacy Tree
Thuja Green Giant
Thuja Green Giant arborvitae is the most popular and widley-grown hedging plant of all time!
Millions of satisfied gardeners enjoy the benefits of its fast growth and easy care. Thuja Green Giant, the child of two trees from different continents, who met on a third, has became the most popular and successful privace tree in America.
- Plant in Hardness Zones 5 to 9
- Plant 5 to 6 feet on centers
- Grows 20 to 30 ft. tall x 8 to 10 ft. wide
- Tolerates most all soils, even clay
- Foliage does not yellow in winter
- Easily pruned to preferred size
- No serious pest or disease problems
- Easy to maintain from 10 to 20 feet tall
When is the Best Time to Plant Thuja Trees?
- Zone 5 Plants Early Spring ONLY
- Zone 6 Plants Early Spring to Late Summer
- Zones 7 & 8 Plants Early Spring or Early FALL
- Zone 9 Plants Early Spring or Late FALL
- Fertilizer Your Trees in April and or Nov.
- Any prunning should be done late Winter